GULF PHOTO PLUS
UNIT 36 ALSERKAL AVENUE , AL QUOZ
Instructor: Caleb Arias
Whether you’re a passionate enthusiast or an aspiring professional, this beginner’s workshop will help you take creative and technical control of your camera.
In this workshop, you will break free of Auto mode as you gain a solid understanding of the essential elements in achieving a perfect exposure: ISO, shutter speed, and aperture. You will also explore the creative side of photography with a focus on the traditional rules of composition, as well as how to break them. By the end of the course, you will be able to confidently craft and shoot photos in semi-manual modes.
- ISO, aperture, shutter speed & depth of field
- White balance, exposure compensation
- Compositional rules and how to develop a critical eye
- Light, color, and temperature
- Burst mode, focus tracking, focus lock
- Intensive Beginner’s photography workshop, both theory and practical
- Printed field guide
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Suitable for all. This workshop assumes no prior knowledge of photography.
WHAT TO BRING
- DSLR or mirrorless camera with fully-charged battery (point-and-shoot cameras and smartphones are not suitable)
- Empty memory card for your camera
- Notebook & pen
Need a camera?
If you do not yet own a DSLR/Mirrorless camera, we are happy to lend you one of our cameras to use during your workshop, free of charge! All you need to bring is your own SD card. To request to borrow a loan camera for your workshop, email us at least 36 hours in advance of your workshop with the subject line “Help! I Need a Camera!”; please include your workshop dates and order confirmation number in the email. Please note that we have a limited number of loan cameras available, and the program works on a first come, first served basis.